1. It's not what you do, it's how you do it.
- What is the objective of each set? What muscle are you training? How is it being challenged? It's not about reps or load. Execution is key!
2. You can’t out fish oil bad movement patterns. - Don’t look to supplements to enhance results. Start with the basics and perfect movements.
3. Work smarter not harder. - Distance is the forgotten variable. If you can squat to 90 degrees, and improve upon that to get lower (with the same weight), that is a form of progressive overload. The bigger the distance, the more work and less need for load.
4. Mental cues are vital. - Think reverse action in training. In a squat, you are not pushing the weight up, you are pushing the floor away. Positive perspective impacts training.
5. Train proud. - Physically emulate confidence. This is the energy you bring to your workouts.
6. There’s no such thing as weak body parts or bad genetics. - It’s just poor movement patterns or lack of understanding of how to train muscles effectively.
7. Have conscious awareness of breathing patterns. - Controlled breath means control of the autonomic nervous system, improved recovery, and takes you out of a sympathetic state (fight or flight/stressed state).
8. Training is mediation if you want to improve your physique. - Focus. Be mindful. Use discipline and not disconnection. We are not drunk monkeys slinging weight around the gym. Put away your ego train with intention.